Studying or working for long hours in front of a computer will definitely help you to reach the desired results, but also gives dark circles under the eye as a side effect.
Dark circles or dark rings or shadows is defined as a dark discoloration of the skin under the eyes due to leak out of blood from capillaries and making the vessels visible through the thin and delicate skin. This dark circles is a common but not serious skin problem. In these days, both men and women (of different age groups) and also children are suffering from this dark circles.
Apart from that reason, the dark circles will also caused due to lack of sleep, prolonged crying, watching television for longer hours, unhealthy diet, mental or physical stress, water or vitamin deficiency, dry skin, aging and heredity. These dark circles will make the people to look unhealthy, tired, older and exhausted.
Well, fret no more! There are many natural home remedies for treating these dark circles, in that coconut oil is one of the best remedy that helps you to challenge this unfair situation and get back to the youthful look.
Coconut Oil for Dark Circles:
Coconut oil is an edible or fatty oil that has been obtained from the flesh of coconuts. This oil is widely used in cookery, making cosmetics, soaps and medicines. Here we are using this coconut oil for treating dark circles.
We are going to provide you a detailed explanation about the properties of coconut oil in treating this hideous dark circles problem. So that you will never place any doubts like ‘is coconut oil good for removing dark circles or does it works for dark circles in your mind.
- Coconut oil has amazing moisturizing property that helps moisturize the delicate skin around the eyes to prevent dryness and thus clears the dark circles and puffy eyes.
- It contains soothing and immune boosting properties that help the oil to get quickly penetrate and rejuvenate the skin.
- It is filled with many essential nutrients, fatty acids and vitamins that help to promote smooth skin by preventing wrinkles, dark circles and fine lines under the eyes.
- It has vitamin E, an anti-oxidant that provides many benefits to the skin for its healing by regenerating the skin.
- It has anti – inflammatory property which diminishes the dark circles and puffy eyes by giving relief from the straining, stress and the pain caused due to dark circles or puffy eyes.
- It has medium chain fatty acids that help to moisturize the skin and prevents dark circles under the eyes by rejuvenating the damage caused due to stress, unhealthy diet and age.
- Virgin coconut oil has lactic acid that helps to lighten up the skin like lemon juice and clears the aging signs, wrinkles and dark circles around the eyes.
After knowing about the benefits of coconut oil for dark circles, we hope that you definitely want to give a trial for using this oil for treating your dark circles. Here are some effective methods that explains you how to use this coconut oil for dark circles removal.
Methods – 1: (Coconut Oil Direct Application for Overnight)
- Coconut oil
- Lukewarm water
- Take sufficient quantity of extra – virgin coconut oil in your hands.
- Apply this around the eyes at night time before going to bed.
- Massage it gently in circular motions all around the eyes both in clock wise and anti – clock wise directions for few minutes.
- Make sure that you should not apply more pressure but gentle pressure while massaging the oil on the dark circles affected areas of the eyes.
- Leave it for overnight and wash it off in the next morning with lukewarm water.
- Daily application of this oil at night time will make you to notice the difference in reduction of dark circles within a week.
- Or you can massage the coconut oil on the dark circles affected areas of the eye in the day time and let it sit for few hours and wash it with warm water. Continue applying this oil on the affected skin for few times a day on daily basis till you get satisfied results of diminishing the dark circles under the eyes.
Method – 2: (Coconut Oil with Potato and Cucumber)
In this process, coconut oil moisturizes the delicate skin around the eyes and eliminates the dark circles and wrinkles. Potato acts as good bleaching agent that turns the skin to light color from dark or pigmented. Cucumber used in this process, acts as cooling agent and removes the darkness under the eye area. So, this combination process is very effective in treating dark circles under the eye.
- Coconut Oil
- Potato – 1
- Cucumber – 1
- First of all, take a little of potato and cucumber and peel the skin properly.
- Grate them separately and then take equal amount of this cucumber and potato grate into a small bowl.
- Mix it well and apply this mixture all around the eyes.
- Let it sit for about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water after it dried completely.
- Then take a small amount of extra – virgin coconut oil onto your fingers and apply this on the dark circles affected eye areas.
- Now start massaging the oil applied area in circular motion i.e. in clockwise and counter clockwise for few minutes.
- Leave it for few hours or overnight and rinse the area with water thoroughly.
- Repeat the same process daily for at least 2 weeks to notice a reduction in dark circles under the eye and then continue this process on every alternate day for a week.
Method – 3: (Coconut Oil Massage)
- Virgin coconut oil
- Mild cleanser
- Towel or wash cloth
- Warm water
- Before starting this process, you have to wash your face with a mild cleanser followed by warm water.
- Be sure that the water which you’re using for washing your face should not be too hot or cold; it should be lukewarm to prevent the dry skin.
- Pat dry the skin properly with a clean and dry towel or washcloth.
- Then take a small amount of coconut oil into your palm of the dominant hand and let it warm for few seconds.
- Now dip the ring finger of non-dominant hand into coconut oil and apply this oil under eye.
- The applied oil will work in a crescent from the inner corner towards outer.
- Massage it gently and do the same process to the other eye.
- Leave it like that for few hours or overnight and wash it off in the next morning.
- This process helps to avoid causing irritation, itching or stretching the delicate skin under the eyes.
Method – 4: (Coconut Oil and Almond Oil)
Both of these oils are very effective in treating dark circles. Follow this method regularly without any fail to get relief from the problem.
- Coconut oil
- Almond oil
- Take small and equal amount of coconut oil and almond oilin a small bowl.
- Stir it well and apply this oil mixture on the dark circles affected areas of the eyes at night time before going to sleep.
- Massage it gently for few minutes and let it sleep like that for overnight.
- In the next morning, wash it off with cold water and pat dry the skin.
- Regular follow up of this process will definitely help you to get rid of the dark circles problem under the eyes.
Method – 5: (Coconut Oil with Essential Oils)
- Coconut oil
- Essential oil
- Take small amount of coconut oil in a bowl.
- Add few drops of essential oil like grape seed oil, macadamia oil or sandalwood essential oil in it.
- Mix them well and apply this oil mixture on the dark circles affected areas of the skin.
- Leave it for few minutes till the skin absorbed the oil completely and gets dried.
- After that, wash it off with water and pat dry the skin.
- Repeat the same process regularly till you cleared the dark circles under the eye.
Method – 6: (Coconut Oil with Turmeric)
- Coconut oil – few drops
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Take turmeric powder in a small bowl and add few drops of coconut oil in it.
- Mix them well to make it fine thick smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on the dark circles under the eyes.
- Wait for at least 10 – 15 minutes and wash it off with water.
- This coconut oil – turmeric process helps to clear the dark circles by soothing the delicate areas of the skin by stimulating the blood flow and moistures the dry skin to make the skin healthy and also prevents wrinkles and fine lines on the skin.
- For more effective results, you have to follow this process regularly till you got the desired results of removing dark circles around the eyes.
Method – 7: (Coconut Oil with Turmeric, Chickpea and Honey)
- Coconut oil (warmed and liquefied) – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 2 teaspoons
- Chickpea /gram flour – 2 tablespoons
- Whole milk (full fat) – 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Honey – 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – few drops
- Begin the process by taking a small bowl and adding chickpea flour and turmeric in it.
- Then add coconut oil, whole milk, honey and fresh lemon juice in it.
- Stir it well to make it fine paste which has runny consistency.
- Apply this paste on the dark circles affected eye areas properly.
- Allow it to dry for about 15 – 20 minutes and wipe the applied paste with a clean, damp cloth.
- Gently wash it off with water and pat dry the area.
- Continue following this process regularly until you get complete cure from dark circles under eyes.
Virgin coconut oil is a safe and popular natural home remedy for treating many health and beauty or skin problems including these dark circles under the eyes. Other than this, coconut oil massage, you have to stay hydrated, eat healthy food, have sufficient sleep to clear these dark circles quickly.