To obtain married in Nova Scotia, you’ll want a wedding Licence before a marriage is had by you ceremony. The licence is legitimate for a couple of months through the date it is released.
You’ll want a wedding Licence to have hitched in Nova Scotia. The licence is needed by you just before have actually a married relationship ceremony.
Having a wedding licence does not suggest you’re married. This means you’re permitted to get hitched. The licence is valid for three months from the date it is released.
You are able to go with a spiritual or ceremony that is civil.
A spiritual agent of one’s option may perform the ceremony that is religious. The needs that are representative be registered with Vital Statistics.
A justice associated with the peace or judge may perform the civil ceremony if they’re registered with Vital Statistics.
You have to have 2 individuals who are at minimum 16 years witness that is old ceremony.
Certification of wedding
during the time of the ceremony, your spiritual representative, justice associated with peace or judge can give you a memento certification. This document is certainly not proof that is legal of.
After a married relationship is registered, it is possible to submit an application for a official wedding certification, that is appropriate proof wedding.
Engaged and getting married outside Nova Scotia
If you are about to get hitched away from Nova Scotia, you’ll want to contact the jurisdiction in which the wedding ceremony will need spot for certification and enrollment needs.
You will get hitched in Nova Scotia if you’re 19 or older and never presently hitched. You want a consent that is signed if you’re 17 or 18. You can’t get hitched if you’re 16 or more youthful.
Both individuals engaged and getting married want to finish the Marriage Licence Application and Affidavit Form. The Affidavit Form should be witnessed by the authorized representative. If both events are not open to use in individual, contact Vital Statistics. It is possible to make an application for a licence to get hitched in Nova Scotia even although you don’t are now living in the province.
How exactly to use
- See Access Nova Scotia or an issuer that is deputy of Licences in your community.
- Complete the application type form you’ll get.
- Check the application for information on all required supporting papers.
- Include payment together with your application.
- Offer your finished application, supporting papers and re payment towards the Deputy Issuer.
- The Deputy Issuer gives you a wedding Licence.
- Provide your wedding Licence to your representative that is religious for the comfort or judge prior to the wedding service.
Just how long it requires
The licence should be got by you straight away. It could just take longer if more details is required or if your type hasn’t been filled in properly.
Re re re Payment choices
Visa, MasterCard, United states Express, debit card, cheque, cash purchase, money. a cheque or cash purchase should always be made payable to your Minister of Finance. re re Payment options can vary based on the method that you use.
Prior to starting
Be sure you have actually:
- Signed piece of government-issued identification and proof of age for both social individuals engaged and getting married
- proof divorce proceedings if either person engaged and getting married is divorced (Certificate of Divorce or Decree Absolute), combined with the affidavit
- proof death if either individual engaged and getting married is widowed
- written consent of one’s parents or guardians, if needed (the Deputy Issuer gets the required forms that are consent
Connect with get hitched at a Registry workplace
You and your partner must attend an interview and lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage if you intend to get married at a Registry Office, at least a month before the ceremony. The Notice stays legitimate for as much as 18 months.
You are able to lodge your Notice and book a consultation to go to an interview at:
- Chippendale Registry Workplace
- Parramatta Registry Workplace
- Wollongong Provider Centre.
- The age that is marriageable 18 years. If somebody, perhaps perhaps perhaps not yet 18, desires to marry ahead of their eighteenth birthday, just a court empowered to offer a ‘Section 12’ order will give authority for the wedding to be solemnised.
- 2 individuals aged under 18 years aren’t allowed to marry one another.
- A Notice of Intended wedding could be lodged ahead of the birthday that is 18th so long as the wedding happens following the birthday.
The thing you need
- the PDF kinds:
- ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’
‘Registry Marriage & Certificate Application’.
Note: Photocopies of documents aren’t accepted.
How exactly to use
- Check out the eligibility needs.
- Down load and complete: a. Notice of Intended Marriage – PDFb. Registry Marriage & Certificate Application – PDF.
- Gather together the necessary paperwork.
- Find the ‘Book a consultation’ key.
- Go into the needed information.
- Go to your chosen registry office or your Wollongong Service Centre visit.
- Lodge your Notice and applications with re re payment, and verify the time and date when it comes to ceremony.
- A Notice of Intended Marriage is legitimate for approximately 18 months.
- The lodgement cost is non-refundable.
- If you want assist in preparing your Registry marriage ceremony, complete the online Wedding reserving kind, as well as the Registry are certain to get in contact with you.
Re re Payment techniques
It is possible to review deal re re re payment choices on our re re re payment practices web page.